Wednesday 11 May 2016

Vikings!!!!

Some special miniatures that I just finished for my friend Barrie - VIKINGS!!!
These are 28mm metal miniatures from Stronghold Terrain . There are still 2 more shield maidens to be completed, and they are well underway. It seems that a number of the sculpts are based on the "Vikings" TV show, which I have never seen myself, apart from some stills online. Barrie said I had a freehand with 'em anyway, and didn't have to stick with costumes/appearance from the show.

I actually finished them last Saturday, and have sprayed them with Dullcoat & taken pictures today. I needed a wee break from a 20mm commission I'm doing, as those little fellas can give my brush hand a bit of cramp - need to mix up my activities.

I had a lot of fun painting these figures, helped by the good quality of the sculpts. It was a nice change to do some basing for Barrie too - note the ivy on the shipbuilder's base, I figured he looked creepy, so some creeper was appropriate :-)













All the best,

John.

16 comments:

  1. They are simply stunning John! Excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, I'm pleased with how they turned out.

      Delete
  2. Spectacular job on these spectacular Vikings...excellent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, it does help that Dark Ages is one of my favourite eras :-)

      Delete
  3. Excellent work, Sarge!
    Almost perfect Vikings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent I recognise the characters as well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you good sir!
      From the few pictures I've seen from the show, these sculpts are really well done depictions of the characters.

      Delete
  5. Fantastic work, just a pleasure to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, these are top notch mate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely miniatures and the paint work is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day James, thanks for the kind words :-)
      All the best with your new blog & foray into the hobby.

      Delete
  8. Vikings!!! Lovly minis anf fantastic painting!

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...