Tuesday 26 August 2014

The Ranger and the Lady

Something not WW2.
The Ranger and the Lady:











The Ranger is a Games Workshop Lord of the Rings plastic 28mm figure, which I painted up for use in our "The One Ring" tabletop roleplaying game sessions. The Lady is a 28mm metal figure from an unknown manufacturer (I received it in a trade - Reaper mini perhaps?), it had a slotta base originally, which I cut off and replaced with some polished wooden boards (made out of plastic card). I painted this figure up as a gift for my wife.

10 comments:

  1. Superb work John. Not my fare of course but I can tell top notch work when I see it.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers mate. Not my usual either, but fun to paint.

      Delete
  2. Great work on both figures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work John, and a very nice present for your wife. The way the first three pictures are sequenced, I had a nasty thought that the Ranger was about to draw a bead on the Lady! Yikes!
    Bravo,
    MP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no I'm sure he would never do such a dastardly thing.
      Thanks for your encouragement.

      Delete
  4. Cracking bit of work there. The nice earthy tones on the ranger make for an interesting contrast with the rich colours on the Lady. Loving the photography too :-)

    ReplyDelete

17th Century Characters...mostly

 Here are some 17th Century character miniatures I finished recently.  28mm metal, mostly from Wargamer Poland: https://sklep.wargamer.pl/gb...